Weekend Style {Stripes, Studs + Lace}

I've been on a mission to add more color to my wardrobe. I'm 100% guilty of defaulting to black sweaters and skinny jeans. So you can imagine my excitement when I found lots of colorful pieces at the Old Navy outlet sale. One of the things I picked up was this green and beige striped, long-sleeved, light-weight sweater. The green fits in perfectly with this season's bright colors trend, while the neutral beige tones it down for everyday wear. 
When styling this, I knew that I wanted to play with patterns and textures. I paired the knit top with a pair of black Jessica Simpson Kiss Me Jeggings. Then I layered on a cream-colored gauze scarf with lace edging from Wet Seal. The contrast of the cream against the sweater made both items pop. I added a little edge to balance out the lace with this studded envelope clutch by Lulu from Nordstrom. I finished the look with a pair of green braided sandals from Wet Seal and some basic aviators.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More