Homemade Dim Sum

One of my best friends, who also happens to be my favorite foodie, was visiting this weekend and we decided to try our hand at some homemade dim sum. We're working on putting together the recipes and I'll post them soon!
Fried Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings
I've made the occasional plate of spring rolls or dumplings and she has made her fair share of one recipe or another, so we had the basic technique down.   
Black Pepper Chicken Spring Rolls
We braved H Mart, the Asian grocer, on a Saturday afternoon to pick up ingredients. If you've ever been to an H Mart on the weekend, you know how crazy it can get! After about an hour of wandering through the aisles and one broken jar of black pepper sauce later, we thought we had everything we needed. The three subsequent trips Shoprite proved us wrong. 

Pan Fried Chili Basil Dumplings
We honestly couldn't decide on just one or two types to make. So we made a lot. It honestly looked like we were starting a catering business in my kitchen. There were fry pans and prep bowls and steamer baskets everywhere.
Fried Hoisin Pork Dumplings
But in the end we had a delicious mini buffet of homemade dim sum that was more than enough for us, the hubby, and his friend. We were all stuffed!
Steam Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings
I will work on writing up the recipes and a tutorial to share. Once you learn how to roll and cook the wrappers, the possibilities for fillings are only limited by your imagination =)

Update: I'm linking the recipes to the captions as I post them.
Honey Glazed BBQ Chicken Puffs with a side of Pickled Carrots and Cucumber

2 comments:

  1. These sound yummy...Am I somehow missing the actual recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on writing them up and putting together a tutorial, it will be in a follow up post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More