Jeweled Pink Nails {+ Mini Reviews}

The new issue of Cosmo came in the mail today and as soon as I opened it I found an ad postcard inside with samples of Kiss Nail Dress strips in four patterns (it's between pages 178 & 179 for subscribers, not sure if this is in the store display copy).


Here's a pic of the four sample strips. Left to Right: Bustier (black with silver looking rhinestones in a flower pattern); Cocktail (hot pink stripes with silver colored rhinestones); Push-Up (white shimmery strip with a colorful peacock feather design); and Gown (silver glitter strip with multicolor rhinestones). There was also a full-page ad with instructions on how to wear and apply. I

I thought the Cocktail strip would make a great accent to go with the pink nail polish I got in my Birchbox this month. I have very tiny fingernails so I was able to cut one of the strip in half to make an accent for each hand.


I really love how this turned out. Here's my thoughts on the products:

Kiss Nail Dress: I really like the designs they offered and the quality of the strip itself. The strip was easy to handle and feels pretty durable. I had trouble trimming the overhang with a file and ended up having to use cuticle scissors to trim the edges. Overall, I would definitely try them again.

Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish in Poppy: This brand is new to me. I received this in my April Birchbox. It is supposed to change color from hot pink to purple in the sun, but I haven't tested that out yet (I'll update when I do!). This polish goes on easily and dries super fast. It has a very matte finish. I used about three coats. I wore this for about a week when I first got it and it seemed to wear well, chipping was about average. I'll definitely be check out what other products Ruby Wing offers. 

Have you tried Kiss Nail Dress or Ruby Wing? What were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More