Vintage Button Bobby Pins

A friend of ours was cleaning out his attic and I ended up with boxes of vintage buttons! My mind has been spinning with projects to make with them. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I recently chopped off lots of my hair (which was not entirely intentional). I've been struggling to keep my bangs out of my eyes, so I thought some bobby pins made using these buttons would be a cute way to pin them back!
For this project you'll need:
1. A tool that has a wire cutter on it (I used my all in one jewelry tool)
2. An adhesive that works with plastic, glass, and metal (I used Goop for this project, but E6000 would work well too)
3. Buttons!
4. Bobby Pins with Glue Pads (I picked these ones up in the craft section of Wal-Mart for around $1.50)

1. Start by using your cutters to snip off the thread loop on the back of the buttons if they have one. These buttons were older, so the plastic came off easily. 
2. Next be sure to clean the buttons so that there's no dust or debris.
3. Add a small amount of adhesive to the glue pad of the bobby pin and attach it to the center of the button (you can use the spot where you snipped off the back as a guide)
4. Be sure that the two surfaces are parallel and that there is enough contact for them to adhere.
5. Allow to cure overnight and voila...cute hair awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More