Candy Birthday Cake DIY



A friend of ours who loves candy had a birthday the week before last and when I came across the idea of a candy cake on Pinterest I knew this would be a perfect gift! (I can't remember the original pin I saw, but if I can find it again I'll add it to this post). This was such a unique and fun gift to make and only took about 20 minutes. I made this the same day as the Housewarming Jar and forgot to take step-by-step photos, but the process was pretty straightforward. If you have questions, leave them as a comment down below and I'm happy to answer!

Here's what you'll need:
  • Floral foam or styrofoam base
  • Wide ribbon
  • Lots of candy in different shapes and types
  • Glue Dots
  • A little bit of liquid glue
  • Cake board or card board
How to Assemble:
  • I started with two floral foam wreath forms and stacked them one on top of the other securing them with a small bit of E6000.
  • Next I took some wide grosgrain ribbon and tightly wrapped the base until they were completely covered and secured the ends with a bit more glue.
  • Now the fun part! Open up all your candy bags and decide on a pattern. Begin securing pieces to the base using the glue dots. I started by placing a repeating pattern of fun size bars upright around the base. Then I did a row of minis above those. For the top I added a horizontal ring of fun size bars.
  • To fill the hole in the center of the wreaths, I put some balled up tissue paper in first then filled it with Tootsie Rolls. 
  • I finished it off by inserting Blow Pops and Tootsie Roll Pops around the hole to create a decorative ring on the top.
  • Place it on or glue it to a piece of cardboard or a cake board and you're ready to gift it!
This would also be super cute to gift in a bakery box. Have you made a candy cake or something similar? Leave a link to your project in the comments, I would love to check out your creation!




Join me at these fantastic DIY Link Parties: Dear Creative, Skip to My Lou, Nap Time Creations, and Homemaker's Challenge.

Update: The post that inspired this project was from Lick the Bowl Good.

3 comments:

  1. This would be a great idea for an October birthday! Thanks for sharing & linking up @ DearCreatives.com Theresa Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so happy to have found your link up last night. Definitely hoping to post more in the future =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks fun! Would be great to take to a party where you didn't need plates. Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays and for the link back :o) Can't wait to see what you bring next week. Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
    oh, and I just posted an amazing round-up from last weeks party… stop on over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More