Birchbox Shop Mini-Haul {Unboxing + First Impressions}



I finally had enough Birchbox points to justify an order from the Birchbox shop and I'm finally getting around to opening the box and sharing the goodies with you! If you're not familiar with Birchbox, it's a monthly subscription box that contains 4-5 samples of products to try for $10 a month. You can find out more info about Birchbox here. Whenever you buy products or take surveys about items you receive in your box, you earn points that you can redeem toward full-size products from the Birchbox shop. Ok, now onto what I got!
















So this is what it looked like when it arrived. It had the Birchbox logo on the box, but wasn't flaunting the usual Birchbox pink. Everything was nicely pack and any liquids were in plastic just in case. (There was also some white tissue paper, but I took it out before I snapped the picture.)

Caudalie Divine Oil 15 ml $9.00
The first thing I ordered was the Caudalie Divine Oil. I received a sample of this in my Birchbox a few months ago. I was hesitant about the whole oil craze, but this one stood out. It does not leave a film after you use it and I really like the scent. The bottle also has a spray top making it easy to apply.

Birchbox explains: "This dry oil hydrates parched skin and disappears in seconds without any residual stickiness or oiliness. And the scent is truly divine, with fresh notes of Moroccan and Bulgarian rose, grapefruit, vanilla, and the subtlest floral undertones."


Jouer Lip Enhancer .33 oz $14.00
Next I picked up the Jouer Lip Enhancer. This is the second time I've purchased the full size of this product after getting a sample in a Birchbox a year or two ago. I love this product! 

I find that using it on a regular basis leads to fuller, softer lips. You can use it on its own, before you do your makeup, or use it to regloss throughout the day.


The consistency is somewhere between a gloss and a balm and I don't find it to be overly sticky. 
From the Birchbox site I've learned that the key ingredients are Maxi-Lip, vitamin E, shea butter, and jojoba oil.
Yes to Grapefruit Brightening Facial Towlettes 25 ct. $5.99
The last full-sized item I purchased was the Yes to Grapefruit Brightening Facial Towlettes. I've used other products from this brand, including the Yes to Carrots hand cream and the Yes to Cucumber wipes, and loved them so I was excited to try these. The wipes are marketed to brighten your skin and correct and repair. I'm not sure about the latter part, but the pre-moistened wipes lightly exfoliate your skin  leaving it feeling fresh and looking clean. I am not the biggest fan of grapefruit, but I am enjoying these so far. I can imagine these would be great to remove makeup or freshen up after a workout.



The last three things I got were samples that were included with my order.

Jouer Signature Fragrance Mini Roller Ball
This adorable little roller ball sample of Jouer's signature fragrance was a free gift for purchasing a Jouer product. The primary notes in the perfume are jasmine, gardenia, and honeysuckle. This smells like a fresh spring bouquet in a bottle. If you like sweet, floral perfumes like I do, I would definitely recommend trying this one.

Incoco Nail Applique
Next I received a set of Incoco Nail Appliques in the pattern Freshly Picked. These appear to be another variation on the patterned nail polish strips. I haven't had a lot of luck doing a full manicure with them (I have tiny nails!), but I have been using them for accent nails and that seems to be working. 

LiftLab Lift + Fix
The last thing that came was an eyedropper bottle of the LiftLab Lift + Fix. This is a totally new brand to me. This is described as an all around serum that is supposed to protect skin from environmental damage and fight the effects of aging. I haven't tried many serums, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

***
Ok, so that was a lot of info about what was in my Birchbox shipment. 
* Have you tried any of these products? If so what are your thoughts? 
* Have you received anything you'd like to share about from the Birchbox shop?
* Are there other products I should be trying?

Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More